Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Eyes! My Eyes!

Nintedo's new warning against playing the new Nintendo 3DS makes my eyes hurt!

According to CNN.com, Nintendo has sent out a warning that children who play the Nintendo 3DS may experience improper eye develepment. Additionally, Nintendo warns that children should take regular breaks while playing the 3DS; after 30 minutes of play time children should turn off the system to rest the eyes.

At $300.oo, I think I would be a little upset that I couldn't use the product for longer than 30 minutes at a time. On the other hand, as a parent, I might be happy that my kids will be forced to put down the handheld and play some football in the back yard.

Either way, could this hinder the long-term success of the 3DS?

I just wonder if Gutenburg, after inventing the printing press, warned the public that if they stare at a page for more than 30 minutes they might experience stunted eye growth? Well, maybe not. Books have been around for a very long time.

Check out the whole story at cnn.com by clicking on the following link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/gaming.gadgets/12/30/nintendo.3ds.kids/index.html?hpt=Sbin

5 comments:

  1. I think this is crazy your paying $300.00 for something that causes bad eye sight, also when my mother watched the commercial she predicted this so i thought it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nintendo should of thought that this might hurt there sales but on the other hand at least you won't have people glued to there 3DS for hours at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought the 3Ds was a silly gimmick, as well as 3D in general. The fact that it actually has the potential to harm you too is outrageous. I am hoping this warning will make people see this is a dumb idea and not spend so much money on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a parent myself, I know I will not buy this for my daughter. Not only because of the cost but also the fact that could affect my daughter's eyesight. Maybe I'm too protective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's ridiculous. Can't they just fix it to make it not dangerous to the eyes? There going to lose major sales from this. I don't think any parents would want to pay that much for something there constantly going to have to nag their kids to get off of.

    ReplyDelete